In 1882, gold was discovered along South Mineral
Creek. The Bandora Mine was established on the
northern slope of Fuller Peak and a small community
developed. In 1890, William Sullivan began developing
the Bandora Mine, which proved rich silver ore. He sold
it in 1891 to investors that organized the Bandora Mining
and Milling Company.

Mining operators in the San Juan District Mining
Association (SJDMA) in 1903, as a direct result of a
Western Federation of Miners' proposal to the Telluride
Mining Association for the 8 hour day, which have been
approved in a referendum by 72 percent of Colorado
voters.  The new association consolidated the power of
30-6 mining properties in San Miguel, Ouray, and San
Juan counties. The SJDMA refused to consider any
reduction in hours or increase in wages, helping to
provoke a bitter strike.

The San Juan mountains are a high end rugged
mountain range in the Rocky Mountains in Southwestern
Colorado, and is the largest mountain range in Colorado
by area.  The area is highly mineralized "the Colorado
Mineral Belt" and figured in the Gold and Silver mining
industry of early Colorado.  Major towns, all old mining
camps, include Credde, Lake City, Silverton, Ouray, and
Telluride.  Large scale mining has ended in the region,
although independent prospectors still work claiims
throughout the range.  

A major producer, San Juan county yielded, 1,665,000 ounces of lode gold through 1959.  An estimated 500 troy ounces of
placer gold have been recovered in San Juan county, with the upper Animos River, above Silverton which is the main placer
location. A tributary of the Animos River, Cement Creek, once had limited but fairly rich placers and should not be ignored if
you are in the area.
The location of the claim is about 7 miles west of the town
of Silverton. The main road that leads you to the mine is
State Road 7 / Forest Road 585.  This road is 4WD
recommended.   Although it is a big dirt road, you may be
able to reach the claim with 2WD, but the best suggestion
would be to check the road conditions before you head
out. The nearest Rd. 595 also goes through the claim, for
easy parking and easy access.  There is enough space to
park a camper or trailer.

*Before heading to the claim, you will need to check the
road conditions, since some of the roads can be closed
different times and days.

The area is full of dirt roads, so a good map and a good
GPS unit is a must, but we'll show you exactly where it is on
the map as well as provide you with the precise latitude
and longitude of each corner marker, so finding it will not
be a problem for you.

I advise caution whenever driving or hiking on this claim -
the entire valley is dotted with abandoned mines - most of
them are easy to see from a distance, but some of the are
impossible to see until you are right on top of them.  I
would estimate that only 20% of them are roped or fenced
off - the rest are wide open and you should be extremely
careful if entering them.

A couple of spare tires or an air compressor and patch kit
or at least a couple of cans of tire sealant is strongly
recommended for obvious reasons!  Also, be sure to bring
in whatever water you may need, as there are almost no
water sources in the area 10 months out of the year.
Maintenance on BLM mining claims is $165.00, per 2 acre
parcel, annually and must be paid on or before September
1st, every year unless you do more than $100 per year in
improvements to the property, in which case you can file for
and receive a waiver of the maintenance.

NOTE: If own fewer than 10 claims nationwide, we can assist
you in filing the paperwork to waive the maintenance fee
every year.  That means you can only plan on paying $15
per year for your maintenance fees instead of $165.
Transfers of Ownership in Mining Claims

Interest in a properly recorded mining claim or site may be
transferred in part or its entirety.  So you can will, gift, sell or
lease you interest in this claim at any time in the future.  A
quitclaim deed is recordable conveyance document is
required and if you do sell the claim, the transfer documents
should be filed with 60 days after the transfer.

With regard to transferring this claim initially into your name,
we take care of all the paperwork at our expense.  You do
not have to worry about anything - we handle the BLM
transfer documentation and the recording.  Then if you ever
want to will  or sell you claim in the future, we will gladly help
you on the paperwork for no charge.
Can you camp on your mining claim?

Yes, as an owner of an unpatented
mining claim you are allowed to camp
on your claim persuant to the rules of
the surface management agency.  In
a nutshell, the rules are pretty simple
on camping.  You are not doing any
mining, you are permitted to camp on
your claim 14 days every month
maximum, however, if you are mining
(even by the standards they
designate as "recreational" mining -
which can mean a day or two a week,
you get your shovel out and move
some dirt), you can camp indefinately
on your property.

You can store whatever equipment
you need to support our mining
efforts, and you can make
infrastructure improvements to your
property to help your operation.
Can you build on your claim?

You are allowed to build on a claim with
restrictions if the structures are in direct
support of mining activities.  Contact the
surface management agency for details.

Again, this covers everything from building
storage shed to shelter you equipment and
tools to building a gate at a mine entrance for
security. As long as you are at least doing
recreational mining, you can build on this
property if you submit a plan and get a permit
in advance. But, building on claims is difficult -
and they will likely require you to post a
reclamation bond to insure that if you do ever
sell you claim, the bond will cover removing
any structures.
Mining claims are a tangible asset
just like any other Real property (real
estate claims show a lifetime proof of
all interest in minerals in the area
specified by the above claim. Once
you own this claim and the
associated mineral rights, you will
own them for life as long as you keep
up with the annual fees.  This claim
can be bought, sold, leased or used
as collateral, just like any other piece
of real estate.

A mining claim can be willed or
passed down to future generations
as part of your estate, or you can
trade it, lease it out for a period or
time (or indefinitely), gift it to a
favorite member or friend and you
can also transfer or sell just an
interest in it in part or in its entirety
just like any other real property using
a quitclaim deed which is a
recordable conveyance.  In other
words, you could sell a 25% or a 50%
share in it if you wanted to in order to
bring on a partner in the future or
you could sell the entire claim in

This is a 20 acre placer mining
claim.  This claim covers the entire
site, and includes full rights to
minerals, gems and just about
whatever else you may find of value
on the property (except oil and gas,
which are handled seperately). The
owner will receive a notarized
quitclaim deed to he full claim and all
associated documentation showing
full ownership of the claim.  We will
pay ALL fees associated with
transferring this claim into your name
- legal fees, title transfers, document
fees, notary costs, recording fees
and even shipping fees, so all you
will pay is the final price, not a penny

In order to hold on to your claim for
life, you will need to pay an annual
maintenance fee to the Government
(BLM, not us) every year.  Currently
the maintenance fee is $165 per 20
acre claim that you own, and it is due
on September 1st of each year.

NOTE: If you own fewer than 10
claims nationwide, we can assist you
in filing paperwork to waive the
maintenance fee every year.  That
means you will only pay $15 per year
for your maintenance fees instead of
$165. We guarantee that all past
fees have been paid in full and there
are no outstanding debts or amounts
owed on the claim prior to the
transfer of ownership into your name.

The federal government retains
ownership of the land - so this means
that you may not have any annual
real estate taxes due on your mining
claim, and you will not have to
maintain liability insurance in case
someone gets injured on your claim
due to no fault of your own.
How do Transfers of Ownership in Mining Claims work if I decide to sell my claim in the future?

First, we handle all the paperwork and costs associated with transferring this claim into your name.  But if you decide to sell
this claim at some point in the future, interest in a properly recorded mining claim or site may be transferred (i.e. sold in part
or its entirety.  A quitclaim deed or recordable conveyance document is required and if you do sell your claim someday
these transfer documents should be filed within 60 days after the transfer.

We can and will help you with the paperwork for no cost should you need a hand selling your claim in the future if you pay
all of the County, State and Federal fees (usually less than $40 to $60).

But again, with regard to transferring this claim initially into your name, we take care of the paperwork at our expense.  You
do not have to worry about anything.  We handle the BLM transfer documentation and the county recording.
Can you build on your Claim?

Without an approved plan of operations, you have the same rights and restructions as the public.  If the area is open to
camping to the public, then it is permissible.  However, you need to check with the BLM Field Office or the local District
Ranger for areas open to camping.  Under Federal law in order to occupy the public lands under the mining laws for more
than 14 calendar days in any 90 day period, a claimant must be involved in certain activities that (a) are reasonably
incident; (b) constitute substantially regular time; (c) are reasonably calculated to lead to the extraction and beneficiation of
minerals; (d) involve observation of the ground activity that can be verified; and (e) use appropriate equipment that is
presently operational subject to the need for reasonable assembly, maintenance, repair or fabrication of replacement
parts.  All of these requirements must be met for occupancy to be permissible.

Although it is possible to build a permanent structure on a mining claim, it is extremely expensive and you will have to jump
through way too many hoops to consider it easy to do.  It would have to have support of a commercial, year-round mining
operations for starters, and you would need to post a reclamation bond to insure that if you ever abandoned your claim,
the bond would pay for the removal of the structure and the reclamation of the area.  So in short, it is technically possible
to build on your mining claim, but just be aware that it is very difficult and expensive to do - however, camping is almost
always allowed unless your claim is in a wilderness area, which is not very common at all.
   W        W        W       .      T        H        E        L        A        N        D        M        A        S        T        E        R      .      C        O        M